Calem Enterprise comes with integration capabilities including:
- Email & Misc Integration: service request submission, service request and work order interaction via emails. Additional integration includes data export/import, and active directory.
- Application Programming Interface (API): the APIs to read, update and delete records in Calem. It is ideal for third party applications to integrate with Calem via APIs.
- Custom Triggers: application code in Calem server. The triggers are fired when a database records are inserted, updated or deleted.
I will discuss the email and misc integration in this blog including:
- Email integration
- Data import and export
- Authentication by active directories
Two-Way Email Integration
The email integration is two-way. Calem cloud services includes email integration.
- Calem email connector parses inbound emails and process them accordingly.
- Service request submission: a service request can be submitted via an email
- Work order comments: comments can be added to work orders via emails
- Work order attachments: attachments can be added to work orders via emails
- The same work order email functionalities are available for service requests.
- Calem email connector sends outbound emails to notify users of events in Calem including work order assignment, work order service triggers, inventory stock level being low, etc.
- Excel templates are generated by Calem and released to customers.
- Customers can use data import to upload data in initial implementation and ongoing data addition and updates.
- Menu path: Integration | Data Upload
- All the reports in Calem supports exporting to excel files.
- Bulk data updates can be done by exporting a data list, update the list and import to Calem. See this blog.
Authentication by Active Directory
Authentication via active directory or LDAP protocol is supported in Calem:
- Password is not stored in Calem when authenticating via active directory
- More than one active directory can be configured to support the authentication