Questions are often asked by customers when implementing PMs for assets and locations:
- Calem defines a PM as a scheduled preventive maintenance plan for an asset or location.
- Is it possible to define a PM for many assets?
- Is it possible to define a PM for many locations?
- PM Inspection for adding more than one asset to a PM
- PM Rounds for adding multiple locations/assets to a PM
1. PM Inspection
PM Inspection allows one to use one PM work order to inspect, or perform other maintenance activities on multiple assets. The PM is defined as a normal PM with a list of assets.
- Menu path: PM | PM List | PM form | Inspection Tab.
- Define a PM with an asset or location and save it.
- Go to the Inspection tab and add assets to the inspection list.
- The maintenance labor and material will be recorded for the asset or location of the PM.
2. PM Rounds
A PM Round define assets or locations as stops in the PM travel routes (similar to Meter Round in the Asset module).
- Menu path: PM module | Open | PM Rounds
- Add round stops which can be either assets or a locations
- A PM Plan can be defined for a round stop. If not defined the PM Plan at the PM will be used.
- Finally, use the PM round in a PM:
- Define a PM with an asset or location as usual.
- Then, set a PM Round for the PM.
- When a PM is generated as work orders, the PM is generated as a parent work order with each round stop being generated as a child PM work order.
3. PM Rounds vs Inspection
- Each PM round stop is generated as a separate work order
- Work order costs can be recorded more accurately in each asset of a round stop
- An asset or location PM Plan may be used for each round stop
- Assets in a PM inspection are generated as inspection assets in a PM work order
- Work order costs are recorded at the PM asset or location
- To record specific costs for an asset included in the inspection list, a child work order will need to be created.
- Inspection PM will use less work orders for inspection runs.
- PM Rounds will generate work orders for each round stop.