Author Topic: Location ID field  (Read 3026 times)

bdorminy

Location ID field
« on: February 26, 2008, 03:13:14 pm »
I have imported the mySQL asset table to MSaccess in hopes that I could use the data to produce a report. Everything looks great except the location_id field which appears to be encrypted. Is there no way to translate the Location_id field into something readable? I am a newbie to all this so be gentle when you answer me.  :lol:

thanks

Arioul

Location ID field
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 04:45:29 am »
location ID not crypted it's match asset ID
in calemeam location field is an asset
if you look location ID in access,it match an asset ID

bdorminy

Location ID field
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 09:01:30 am »
So the asset id is assigned as a random character set and the location_id is a copy of the asset id when the asset is assigned a location.

What I was trying to do was create a report of all assets sorted by location, which works fine but I was hoping to have a way to show the "location" instead of the Location_id which is random characters.

Am I right or is there another way to do it?

calemadmin

• Administrator
  • Calem Hero
    • http://www.calemeam.com
Location ID field
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 07:15:19 pm »
Arioul is right that the location_id is itself an asset. You can use some database functions to for this id to display an asset no. (using table join).
Calem Community Forum Admin

winskie

Location ID field
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 08:00:30 am »
Quote from: "bdorminy"
So the asset id is assigned as a random character set and the location_id is a copy of the asset id when the asset is assigned a location.

What I was trying to do was create a report of all assets sorted by location, which works fine but I was hoping to have a way to show the "location" instead of the Location_id which is random characters.

Am I right or is there another way to do it?

I'm having a similar problem to this one.  I'm also trying to create a report of all assets grouped by asset category or asset status.  I would like to display the 'friendly' value of asset category, i.e. the label not the 'id' of the dropdown value.  Unlike the case above, the value I'm looking for is stored in the CalemMsg.properties file.  I'm not really sure if I'll be able to pull that data for my report without too much trouble.  Any advice please?