Author Topic: Cannot log in after install  (Read 3642 times)

jphillips

Cannot log in after install
« on: March 21, 2011, 09:28:52 am »
So after slogging my way through setup of CalemEAM Community, go to log in with the default admin/admin_password combo, and the log-in fails.  In browsing the database created in MySQL, I see that there is an admin user that has been added, and I assume the password is hashed or protected by some other means.

Any help out there?

- jp

helbda

Re: Cannot log in after install
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 10:12:13 pm »
What is your setup? Windows? Linux?
I have only installed in Linux and found that it would install if I changed the permissions of the configuration directory and files to read/write by everyone. (chmod -R 777 ~/server/conf/*)
It would install, setup the database, and present me with a login screen that would not login.

In the end to remedy the problem I was forced to allow read write permissions to the whole directory structure as indicated in the installation instructions. This seems a bit of a security issue running it on a production system but it is required.

After!!! the read write permissions have been set (re)install the setup generating the databases and configuration file.

From my experience the install script seems to write somewhere more than just the configuration file and database because of the way it behaved.