Author Topic: PEAR from a PHAR  (Read 5253 times)

dwpelland

PEAR from a PHAR
« on: November 24, 2007, 12:49:40 pm »
Thank you CalemEAM staff and other contributors for your great work! I installed CalemEAM on my WinXP workstation using a wamp5 server stack. My first encounter with the install turned up some problems similar to ones posted here. Thanks in part to what I learned on the forum, I did manage to get my install to work, but I have a question about go-soap.phar.

The errors I first ran into traced back to the "require_once 'PEAR.php' " statement (line 47) in the server\include\SOAP\Base.php file which expects to find PEAR.php somewhere. I searched the filesystem and didn't find PEAR.php. I did find, however, a file named go-pear.phar which, after a little reading, I understand is a php archive capable of wrapping an entire application up in a single file. I couldn't get this to work though, and after several tries gave up and re-installed everything from scratch. On my final, and successful attempt I ran go-pear.bat from the php folder which created the PEAR.php file and everything now works okay.

Was this the best solution? How do I get go-pear.phar to work?

Thank you - Dan P

rkirkw

Found website with instructions
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 10:19:58 am »
http://pear.phpmagazine.net/2005/07/pear_now_fits_in_a_bottle_meet.html

Sounds like you got it working, but this is interesting as well.

calemadmin

• Administrator
  • Calem Hero
    • http://www.calemeam.com
PEAR from a PHAR
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 10:24:54 am »
PEAR installation is required for CalemEAM r2.0.1. The recommended solution is to install pear.  It's great you got go-pear.phar working.
Calem Community Forum Admin

nandakumartv

PEAR.PHP
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 10:22:05 am »
Hi All,

Hi, this is Nandakumar from Bangalore, India.

Thank you to the team for the great work! I installed CalemEAM on my Windows Vista workstation using a wamp5 server stack.

The errors I first ran into traced back to the "require_once 'PEAR.php' " statement (line 47) in the server\include\SOAP\Base.php file which expects to find PEAR.php somewhere. I searched the file system and didn't find PEAR.php. I did find, however, a file named go-pear.phar which, after a little reading, I understand is a php archive capable of wrapping an entire application up in a single file. I couldn't get this to work though, and after several tries gave up and re-installed everything from scratch. On my final, and successful attempt I ran go-pear.bat from the php folder which created the PEAR.php file. Even though the app. is not working. Please advice me to do it in a right way.

Do i need to change any directory settings?

calemadmin

• Administrator
  • Calem Hero
PEAR from a PHAR
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 09:58:15 pm »
We have not tried on Windows Vista so we cannot answer your question about the directory settings. Let's take a look at calem.log under CalemEAM/logs. It might have some specific info.

nandakumartv

Lease Management Support
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 03:08:33 am »
Hi,

Do you people support Lease Management as you are giving your support Asset Management, Purchase, Inventory e.t.c.

Do we use this CalemEAM for our Company?

calemadmin

• Administrator
  • Calem Hero
PEAR from a PHAR
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 10:54:34 am »
Take a look at contract module. It might be used to manage lease.
You can use Calem Open Source for your business. For commercial offerings from CalemEAM check out Calem Professional at www.calemeam.com.

nandakumartv

PEAR from a PHAR
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 10:33:28 pm »
I really appreciate for all your quick response. Thanks for your support and thanks in advance for all your potential support.

Nandhu

bgarner

Similar PEAR issue
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 10:16:30 am »
This is the error I'm getting when I log in:

Warning: require_once(PEAR.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/CalemEAM/server/include/SOAP/Base.php on line 47

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/CalemEAM/server/include:.:/usr/lib/php/PEAR.php') in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/CalemEAM/server/include/SOAP/Base.php on line 47

The weird thing is that I added the following line to my php.ini file:

include_path=".:/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/lib/php/pear"

I am, as you can see, using xampp.  Xampp installs (supposedly) pear in that directory because I find the PEAR.php file in that directory.  But, the error still says that it can't find PEAR.php in /usr/lib/php/PEAR.php   I've searched my computer for another php.ini file and don't have any, so I don't really know where it is getting that value.  Any ideas?

P.S.  I am attempting to make this run on a Mac OS X 10.4 Server.
 Brandon

bgarner

PEAR from a PHAR
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 04:50:43 pm »
Fixed.  After inputing the correct include_path and restarting XAMPP, all seems to be working fine.  Sorry to bug anyone.
 Brandon