Facility Asset Management > Feature suggestion

Asset List filters for Type and Category

(1/1)

shrike:
I'm testing the software to see if it can be used to manage the maintenance requirements for 35 public storage sites, each consisting of 500-1000 storage units residing in various buidlings on each site. I'm using the Type column in the Asset module to enter the property number associated with each site. Parent-sibling relationships (parent_id) are used to create hierarchies of sites, then buildings, then storage units, and finally the assets associated with sites, buildings and storage units. This works rather well, but it becomes difficult to find information because the assets list gets so long (about 10-20K records per site multiplied by 35 sites). It would be nice to include dropdown filter lists for Type and Category at the head of the Assets list, allowing the database to be queried for selected information.

I'm sure others need similar functionality when using the software to maintain multiple sites in a property maintenance management scenario or for other industries where multiple industrial plant sites are located within an geographic area of responsibility.

calemadmin:
This is great feature suggestion. You may add to mantis's project proposal.

fyi- we are working on asset browsing features for similar functional needs in Calem Pro and Enterprise.
http://www.calemeam.com/eam/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68&Itemid=77

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version