Author Topic: Can't edit or delete default dropdowns  (Read 2821 times)

singles

Can't edit or delete default dropdowns
« on: October 22, 2007, 02:38:25 pm »
I'm using CalemEAM version r2.0.1 Fresh Install

I am trying to modify asset_category as the admin user.
**UPDATE: This is also happening in other dropdowns as well

I am unable to delete the existing dropdowns: Equipment, Building, System, Location. I have tried to uncheck the Fixed box but it will not allow me too. The only thing I can change is the Label field, the Dropdown field is locked and greyed out.
Also tried dragging to the left column with no success.
I can add a new dropdown and label, but when I initially add it I do not get the option to make it Fixed, but if I Edit it after, the box is there I just can't click on it to make it checked.
I need to delete the existing dropdowns and create new ones specific to my organization.

calemadmin

• Administrator
  • Calem Hero
    • http://www.calemeam.com
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 11:10:42 am »
Fixed dropdown fields are used as system constants so they cannot be altered excepting label changes. In the case of asset the category values are used in constructing asset hierarchy (features in other editions) based on location and system for instances.

You could add new asset category or use other fields (such as asset type).
Calem Community Forum Admin

shrike

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 02:33:15 pm »
I am experiencing a similar problem. The first value in the Asset category lookup form does get serialized to where ever it is being written, but the second value does not. If you remain in the same session, the second value sometimes (not always) appears in the Categories lookup, but the second value is lost when logging out. Thus, I have to access the Admin module at the beginning of every session and enter the second value again for each of the non-fixed lookup items.

As a result, the asset grid appears with blank values in the Category column for all values other than the fixed values. Additionally, if the label of a fixed value (second field) is changed, it defaults back to the original value at the end of the session.

shrike

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 04:38:43 pm »
I installed the corrected files based on the instructions in the 00080 bug report, but the problem continues to exist. As long as the Dropdown tab is displayed, the changes remain in effect. When the tab is closed, the labels disappear. I have been running Firebug in Firefox in the hopes of isolating the problem, but I have not observed any warnings or errors when the tab is closed.