Plant Asset Management > Feature suggestion

Calibration Module

(1/2) > >>

LISpeedyG:
Hi,

I see that the possibility exists for this system to also accomodate a calibration system.  However, the current structure does not seem to enable such elements as:
a.  As received and after adjustment readings
b.  External Vendor calibration of the equipment
c.  Differentiation of internal checks between calibration intervals
d.  Instrument tolerances & limits
e.  Traceability to NIST (US)
f.  Trend charts including upper and lower control limits
etc..

These are some examples of elements that would need to be available for the system to perform calibration successfully in a normal production environment.  I would be willing to help in the development of this type of module if you folks believe it is of value to your user base.

Thanks

calemadmin:
Calibration module is very relevant to our user base and we would like to add it to CalemEAM. We would like that you could write a functional document describing workflows of calibration and key elements (such as you mentioned in your post) and we will take from there. Does this sound acceptable?

We have added a feature request in Mantis:
http://www.calemeam.com/apps/mantis/view.php?id=67

LISpeedyG:

--- Quote from: "calemadmin" ---Calibration module is very relevant to our user base and we would like to add it to CalemEAM. We would like that you could write a functional document describing workflows of calibration and key elements (such as you mentioned in your post) and we will take from there. Does this sound acceptable?

We have added a feature request in Mantis:
http://www.calemeam.com/apps/mantis/view.php?id=67
--- End quote ---

Certainly..  I will begin by documenting some of the steps required for generic calibration both by external Calibration houses as well as internal calibration/checks.

A couple of questions:
1.  Where can I place the documents / flowcharts?
2.  What format do you require, i.e., Word/Visio or Open Office style?

Thanks for the opportunity to help.

calemadmin:
1. The docs can be uploaded to the request in Mantis.
2. Word/Visio would work for us.
We're excited having you help us out.

LISpeedyG:
Happy to help..

We have installed a number of OS ERP systems under the two names Compiere and now Adempiere.  I am not certain if you know of them..  But, they are in the process of adding a manufacturing module but unfortunately, they do not have a PM or CAL module..  And, unfortunately, all of our work with them revolves around Oracle 10g. So, we will need to find a common interface for our clients between these two DB's and UI's.  But that is in the future.  Today, we too are excited about your ability to take on these requests and see them to installation.

Thanks..

BTW, where are you loacated we are in NY

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version