Author Topic: Equipment Service Co would like Customer /Client module  (Read 4326 times)

rkirkw

Equipment Service Co would like Customer /Client module
« on: December 02, 2007, 01:28:56 am »
I have successfully installed the Open Source 2.0.1 and have been evaluating it for a couple of days for an Equipment Service Provider company.
Just like any Facility or Plant management company they have a need to track everything that your software currently covers, but they also have Customers or Clients.
My first thought was to record the equipment at each Customer site through a Location Asset and where Customers have multiple locations, record them under a System Asset.
It was not until I got to Service Contracts and SLA's that I determined that it would be really nice to have a Customer module. This would look almost exactly like the Vendor module - same database schema and contact info.
Work Orders, PM, parts and labor usage would still be tracked to an assett. Would just need to be able to report on a summary and detail level back up to the Customer Level. Contracts would need to be modified to allow a Customer or Vendor to be entered and reported on.
A self service screen that would allow customers to enter a maintenance request from the web would be nice as well - especially if it had hooks that could notify a service technician if their SLA allowed for that.
As I said, I have only been looking at your software for a couple of days, so I am not sure where all the other places it might make sense for Customer mods to go. You have a very nice product and it is very extensive.
If this sounds like an interesting project for you, please let me know.

Thanks!

Kirk

calemadmin

• Administrator
  • Calem Hero
    • http://www.calemeam.com
Equipment Service Co would like Customer /Client module
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 10:40:33 am »
It is a very good feature suggestion. We have added a Mantis entry for it.
http://www.calemeam.com/apps/mantis/view.php?id=73
Calem Community Forum Admin

rkirkw

Need to invoice customers as well
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 01:20:01 pm »
Just wanted to add...
If you have customers, you need to invoice them.
An invoice module would be needed along with the customer module.
A customizable invoice with summary or detail line item groups would be nice

fabriced

Re: Equipment Service Co would like Customer /Client module
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 01:16:41 am »
Hello,
I do agree with this old comment made. I was looking to use CalemAem for a maintenance contract I am busy developing with few customers but unless you have a customer and invoice modules I have some difficulties to use it.
What are your plan for upgrading?

Fabrice

calemadmin

• Administrator
  • Calem Hero
    • http://www.calemeam.com
Re: Equipment Service Co would like Customer /Client module
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 01:05:43 pm »
There is a customer module in Calem Enterprise. Currently there are no plans adding customer module in the community edition.
Calem Community Forum Admin