Author Topic: Multi Organization / Multi Plant  (Read 4300 times)

nicolafi

Multi Organization / Multi Plant
« on: January 04, 2008, 02:41:42 am »
Hello,
I'm new to CalemEam and I'm trying to undertsand if it fits for my organization.
I wish to know if it's possible to define an organizational structure in wich I can see multiple firms in a group and multiple plants in a firm. My need is to define my assets inside a specific plant of a specific firm, and to share common spare-parts between all the plants that need them. So i need also a multi-stock system. Does CalemEam meet this feature?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Nicola

calemadmin

• Administrator
  • Calem Hero
    • http://www.calemeam.com
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 07:10:49 pm »
You may use the asset hierarchy (through parent asset field) to define a structure mapping to your needs. For stock items you may use stock location table to define stock location hierarchy as well.
Calem Community Forum Admin

nicolafi

multi/plant organization
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 04:30:44 am »
Thanks for your suggestion..but...in many commercial CMMS i have seen a graphical representation of the structure of the plant like a sort of BOM, in wich I can browse from the main asset (i.e. my company), down on a tree, until I reach my machines and their parts. is it in plan something like this?

i.e.:
My company --
                     |--Plant1--
                                    |--Dept1--
                                                   |--Machine1
                                                   |--Machine2--
                                                                      |--Part1
...and so on..

Thank you,

Nicola

calemadmin

• Administrator
  • Calem Hero
    • http://www.calemeam.com
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 08:51:31 am »
Calem Open Source does not have asset hierarchy browsing and it's not in the plan. Added to mantis.
http://www.calemeam.com/apps/mantis/view.php?id=89
Calem Community Forum Admin

shrike

Re: Multi Organization / Multi Plant
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 02:36:11 pm »
It's not possible to view a tree structure, but it is possible to create an asset numbering scheme that considers this need or depicts a hierarchy. I'm currently doing this by treating the asset type as a site (or property identifier). I also create an asset record for each type. I use a two-letter initial for client identification and a five digit number for the site's asset identifier. So for example, a asset type of PS-20101 represents Public Storage branch 20101 and PS-20102 represents branch 20102. Using the parent field (i.e., parent_id column in the assets data table), I create a site asset record for each type. This allows site buildings to be treated as sibling assets of a site.

In my case, I also have storage units associated with each building. So an Asset ID of PS-20101 might have 12 buildings numbered A-L. Thus, the asset records for PS-20101-A through PS-20101-L are assigned to the parent asset PS-20101. Individual storage units within those buildings are assigned a number with the parent asset beign the building asset. For example, PS-20101-D-201 is Storage Unit 201, located in Building D, which exists at site PS-20101. Individual storage units have doors and electrical circuits (systems), so this is handled in the asset number for those storage unit attributes (e.g., the door equipment asset id for PS-20101-D-201 is PS-20101-D-201-DOOR and the electrical circuit (system element) is PS-20101-D-201-ELECT.

Basically, you use the Parent field to create a hierarchy of assets with parent-sibling asset relationships. By using the parent field, you are basically creating a hierarchial tree.

Technically, CalemEAM can already handle the heirarchies--it just cannot display them because the existing grid does not support embedded tree widgets. The above solution uses a naming approach to mimic what cannot be displayed. However, it's probably possible to remedy this problem using one or more AJAX approaches in a modified version of the grid widget. Such approaches would probably minimize result list display times because the child assets of the upper-most parent assets could be shown or hidden using conventional AJAX approaches.