IT Asset Management > Feature suggestion

Open-AudIT integration

(1/1)

harner:
I work in a company with several hundred computers, mainly Windows workstations and Linux servers.  To audit our machines, we have a login auditing script which reports back to Open-AudIT.  It stores the data in a mysql database then has a crisp frontend to show us the machines.

A great feature would be the ability to integrate the data from the mysql database into CalemEAM to post different support agreements for each machine.

calemadmin:
The integration seems to require vendor contracts management. Do you have more specifics about what you're looking for in contracts management?

Overall it is a great idea to integrate with Open-Audit.

trboyden:

--- Quote from: "calemadmin" ---The integration seems to require vendor contracts management. Do you have more specifics about what you're looking for in contracts management?

Overall it is a great idea to integrate with Open-Audit.
--- End quote ---

I haven't looked at the underlying code of Calem's inventory module to understand how everything is related, by my preference for integration with Open-Audit would be for a mechanism to simply sync or import the Open-Audit inventory data into the Calem inventory module. I would then edit the asset data to assign any SLA's or Vendor contract info.

I'm currently looking at replacing Numara Track-It with a combination of Calem and Open-Audit for tracking IT assets, Facilities assets, work order management (both IT and Facilities) and preventative maintenance management.

Ideally the underlying code of Open-Audit allowing automated inventory collection for IT assets would be integrated directly into Calem. The network mapping feature would also be a nice tool to have.

Tim Boyden
Network Administrator
SuperCoups

calemadmin:
It looks like a good project candidate for the community. Added a mantis project proposal:
http://www.calemeam.com/apps/mantis/view.php?id=96

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version