Calem Enterprise provides inventory part auto-numbering. There are two types of auto-numbering:
- Global auto-numbering: all parts in Calem are numbered with the same sequence number.
- Category-based auto-numbering: parts in Calem are numbered based on their categories.
- The first step is to configure a number pattern based on your business requirements. For instance, you can set a prefix, the sequence number, followed by a suffix: PF-003-SF, PF-004-SF, etc. The pattern has the format of "PF-%03d-SF" - see Calem Enterprise Admin Guide for more information about auto-numbering patterns.
- The next step is to configure source sequence number. The sequence number can be set to start from 1 or 100 depending on your current data set. The table is "cm_in_seq" and sequence is stored in the "id" field. It is value should be set to next sequence number minus 1.
You are now ready to create a new part number.
- Menu path: Inventory module | Items
Click "+" to create a new item number. The creation screen is shown.
- Leave the item number blank for Calem to auto-generate a part number.
- Populate other fields as needed.
- Click "Save" to save the record.
If you have a part number to use and do not want the system to auto-generate one, enter the number in the "Item #" field, Calem will use your part number and will not modify the part sequence number.
You may use the Training Site to learn more about Calem Enterprise Inventory Module.