1. What are the differences between CalemEAM Community Edition and Enterprise Edition?To contribute to the open source community CalemEAM released Calem Community Edition. Calem Community Edition provides entry-level functions for asset management (EAM/CMMS). It can be used by individual administrators or small work groups to manage their daily asset activities. The Community Edition is developed and supported by Calem community.
Calem Enterprise is the flagship offering from CalemEAM. It is an enterprise CMMS/EAM solution for managing CMMS/EAM operations of any scale. The features and modules in Calem Enterprise and Calem Mobile Suite are driven by enterprise customers. Calem Enterprise is available as annual subscription. There are no hefty upfront license fees or other charges. The annual subscription includes technical support, hot-fixes, maintenance and version upgrade. Professional services from CalemEAM are also available for enterprise customers.
Calem Offline is part of the Support Services of Calem Enterprise. It enables field technicians to use Calem Enterprise from their laptops or Windows Mobile devices when network connections are not available. Calem Offline synchronizes data modified in the field and in the server when network connections are available. Calem Offline helps customers achieve better productivity by reducing time in data entry and increasing accuracy in data collection.
Calem Mobile is part of Support Services of Calem Enterprise. It enables field technicians to browse, enter and complete work orders in the field from their mobile phones or personal digital assistants (PDAs) through wireless or cellular networks. Calem Mobile helps customers achieve better productivity by reducing time in data entry and increasing accuracy in data collection.
2. What are the limitations in using Calem Community Edition?Calem Community Edition can be downloaded and used by any organizations subject to the limitations of CalemEAM Public License. The CalemEAM Public License requires that the CalemEAM logo be displayed in all user interactive screens. Additionally, Calem Community Edition does not have enterprise features such as scalability, fine-grained access control, workflow, mobile solution, and comprehensive reporting.
3. Can I modify Calem Community Edition?Yes, CalemEAM Public License grants you the rights to modify Calem Community Edition with limitations including:
- The changes you made to Calem Community Edition must be made available as open source.
- You must not alter CalemEAM logo, which must appear in each user interactive screen (forms and reports) as required by CalemEAM Public License.