Asset depreciation has been reworked in Calem Enterprise R11. It supports three depreciation methods and annual reporting.
Here are the key fields to configure in an asset for depreciation reporting.
- An asset can be excluded from depreciation by setting its flag: "No Depreciation"
- Original and end values define the starting and ending values before and after all deprecation are counted.
- Depreciation start date and life-span in years define how many years assets will be depreciated.
- Depreciation method determines how assets are depreciated. The methods supported include:
- Straight Line
- Sum of Years
- Other – depreciation is not calculated by Calem
- See https://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Depreciation-on-Fixed-Assets for more info about depreciation methods.
Depreciation reports show depreciation based on the report years.
- Check "Execute Depreciation" to recalculate depreciation. This should be done at least once a year prior to annual depreciation report, or when depreciation parameters are updated for assets.