Replacing an asset at fault with a working asset is one of the work order processes supported by Calem. I will cover the steps necessary to set up assets for replacement.
Step 1. Categorization
Asset categorization is used to identify assets of the same functionality. For instance, a pump is an asset categorization. Calem requires that an asset can only be replaced by an asset of the same categorization. See this blog to set up categorization. Category attributes are not required for asset replacement. You may skip category attributes till needs arise.
Step 2. Asset Items
Asset items are items representing the same assets. An asset needs to have asset item field populated to be stored in inventory.
- Menu path: Asset | Codes | Asset Items | Create asset items
- If you assets have been created already without asset item, or you need to modify asset item, see this blog.
- Set a categorization (defined in step 1) in an asset item if available.
Step 3. Asset with Asset Item and Categorization
For an asset to be used in asset replacement make sure it has asset item and categorization configured.
Step 4. Assets in Inventory
The first step is to set up site inventory with storerooms and bins. See this blog to set up inventory. Next, get assets into inventory. There are two ways to have assets in inventory:
- a) Create an asset and receive the asset to inventory by asset receiving transactions: Inventory | Transactions | Receive Existing Assets
- b) Receive assets from vendor by receiving transactions: Inventory | Transactions | Receive to Storerooms
5. Work Order
Create a work order for a broken asset and optionally set the asset status to "Down". Have the work order "Approved", then "Released" so it is ready to be worked on. See this blog about work order life-cycle statuses.
6. Replace Broken Asset
From work order's "Part" list, launch "Checkout" menu to check out an inventory asset to the work order.
Find the asset in stock from the stock lookup screen and click the stock row to select it to check out.
Next, in the checkout screen, select to "Replace asset" and pick the asset on the work order to replace. If you are performing a PM work order with assets to be inspected, you may select one of the asset from the inspection list.
The broken asset "P-23591" is replaced by "MySite-09188". You may repair the broken asset in-house, then, receive to inventory; or send it for offsite repair. See this blog.