Work order steps are the tasks for staff to complete. The steps can be defined in PM Plans and used in work order creation.
- For PM work orders the steps in PM Plans are copied to work orders when PMs are generated into work orders based on PM schedules.
- For CM work orders (i.e., corrective work orders) the steps in PM Plans are copied to work orders when PM Plans are selected as templates to create work orders.
- A step is completed by checking the "Done" flag.
By default work order steps are not enforced when completing work orders. There are cases that work order steps must be completed before work orders can be completed. Calem allows one to configure the step enforcement policies by sites and companies. Here are some sample policies:
- Enforce WO step for all sites.
- Enforce WO step for a site
- Enforce WO step for a company
- EAM company
- EAM Site
- Customer Company
- Customer Site
See Calem Enterprise User Guide (available to customers) for more information about work order step enforcement.