A calendar view is provided in release R11h for work orders. It allows planners and supervisors to view work orders for a month, week or day in calendar views.
- Menu: Work Order | Open | WO Calendar
1. Objects in Calendar
The calendar includes two data objects:
- Open Work Orders
- Either actual start or scheduled start must be defined for a WO to show in a calendar.
- The actual start time, or scheduled start time (used when actual start time is empty) is within the calendar time range, or the scheduled finish time is.
- WO Events
- WO events are time off entries with "WO Calendar" checked.
- Menu: Schedule | Open | Site Time Off | Create an event, or "Add Event" menu from WO Calendar.
- Open WOs and time off events are shown in different colors: blue for WO, and purple for events.
- Both colors can be customized via client configuration file. Contact Calem Support to request color customization.
2. Calendar Filter
The open work orders in the calendar can be filtered by work order categories and sites.
- Click "Filter" in the calendar to launch the filter screen.
- The filter screen includes filters created by the login user.
- Create a filter to add work order categories to include in the calendar
- A default filter can be configured so the calendar opens by the default one.
- Work orders that have been done (completed, accepted, closed, canceled, disapproved) are not included in the calendar.
- The filter can be configured to include data from all sites, or just selective sites.
- Click "+" to add a new filter.
- Set "All Site" checked to get data from all sites accessible to the login user
- Click a filter row to open it. If "Default" flag is set the filter will be applied when the user launches the calendar.
3. Add Event
Click "Add Event" in the calendar to add a new WO event.
- Use the lookup button to pick a start date.
- The end date will be set to the start date if left empty.
- Add a subject note for the event such as Site Inspection
- Set "WO Event" checked to show in the WO calendar.
- Set the "Info Only" to indicate that entry is informational (not site holidays) and will not be used for scheduling.
- Set "No PM Calendar" checked so it will not show in PM calendar
4. Calendar View
The calendar includes the following menu items:
- Previous (<) and Next (>) month for month navigation
- Month, week and day view buttons