List views are used extensively in Calem Enterprise. They include:
- Main Data Lists such as work order lists
- Detail Data List such as scheduled labor lists for a work order
- Lookup List such as cost center lookup list
- Report List such as work order report list
- Report Detail List such as scheduled labor lists in work order print
Step 1. Group vs. Personal Customization
Group customization is performed to customize views for a user group. Admin module permission is required to do it. Personal customization is performed for the login user only. It does not affect other user's views.
- To customize for a user group, go to Step 2.
- To customize your own views, go to Step 3.
- A personal customization overwrites group customization. For example, if you customized the asset list report, you will always see the personal view of your report regardless of which ACL profiles you log in with.
- A personal customization can only be deleted by the login user.
Step 2. Group Customization
Groups are used in Calem to represent users of the same job roles. For instance, you can create a "MaintenanceTechnicians" group for maintenance technicians; and "MaintenanceSupervisors" for supervisors of the maintenance department.
- The group hierarchy facilitates customization management.
- A child group inherits its parent group's customization and can overwrite the parent group's customization.
- "Custom System" is the root group for your service. You may customize at this group if you need to customize the default system views for every group and user. However, a child group can have own customization overwriting the customization of "Custom System".
- "Admin" group is the top group to customize for all supervisor groups.
- "Users" group is the top group to customize for all non-supervisor groups.
- You can add child groups based on your business needs.
The menu path to select a group is: "Admin module | Groups". Check a group for customization and click "Group design" to tell the system that all customization will be for this group. In screenshot below, the customization is for "Custom system" group.
Step 3. Customize a List View
Navigate to the list view you like to do the customization. Click "Customize" button in the list view's toolbar to start the customization.
The following customization is available for list views.
- Add or remove menu items from the list menu bar. Just drag a menu item and drop it at the "Form design" node in the left panel.
- Add or remove fields in the list view. Right click in the caption row, select a field to include or exclude it.
- Change the orders of fields in the list view. Drag a field and drop it in another field to move a field around.
- Change the width of each field in the list view. Just drag the sash of the column to increase or reduce its width.
- Finally, click the "Save" button in the left panel to save a customization.
- Use the delete button ("-") to remove a customization.
Step 4. Delete a View Customization
A view customization can be deleted from the view customization screen (in Step 3).
- If you are customizing a view for a group, the group's custom view is deleted.
- If you are customizing a view for personal account, the personal custom view is deleted.
- You can tell if a design is for a group or a user by the "Save to" field in the left panel of the customization screen.
The screenshot below is group customization for group "MaintenanceStaff".