Calem Enterprise R10n runs with PHP 7. This is an exciting feature because PHP 7 has many unique advantages over PHP 5 (5.3.x to 5.6.x). We have observed about 30% performance gains in the Calem build process that uses PHP to package releases. Here is our plan for going forward with PHP 7.
- Calem Cloud Services will be upgraded to PHP 7 in the coming months.
- Customers with new on-premise installation should use PHP 7.
- Existing customers may choose to stay with PHP 5, or plan for upgrade to PHP 7 when needs arise.
- PHP 7 is up to twice as fast as PHP 5.6
- Significantly reduced memory usage
- Abstract Syntax Tree
- Consistent 64-bit support
- Improved Exception hierarchy
- Many fatal errors converted to Exceptions
- Secure random number generator
- Removed old and unsupported SAPIs and extensions
- The null coalescing operator (??)
- Return and Scalar Type Declarations
- Anonymous Classes
- Zero cost asserts
Customers can use the updated Calem Enterprise Installation Guide for more information about PHP 7 setup.