Off-site repair process is provided to track assets and their repair costs. The process is described in the diagram below.
- Requisition and purchase orders in Calem are used to manage the approval process for off-site repair.
- Inventory transactions are used to track assets in the repair process.
Step 1. Create a requisition for Off-Site RepairWork orders are used to track assets repaired internally. Assets that are sent for off-site repair are managed from the supplier side in the inventory module. The first step is to create a requisition for the off-site repair of an asset.
- Select an asset to repair
- Select an item of "Repair" category
- Set the "Due date", and optionally a vendor site, or RMA (return authorization number) if any.
Step 2. Approve the REQ & Create a Repair PO
Next step is to approve the repair REQ and create a PO. There are two options to do it.
- Option 1. Approve the REQ and check "Create PO" at the approval screen.
- Option 2. Have the REQ approved by a supervisor. Then, click "Create PO" in the REQ to create the repair PO.
Step 3. Approve the Repair PO
A repair PO needs to be approved before the repair asset in a PO can be shipped out for repair.
Step 4. Send Asset for Repair
Use inventory transaction "Send Off-Site Repair" to send an asset out for repair.
Step 5. Receive Asset Repaired
Use inventory transaction "Receive Off-Site Repair" to receive an asset repaired.
- If an asset is repaired receive it to a storeroom
- If a replacement is provided by the repair vendor, a new asset is created for the replacement. The original asset sent for repair is voided in Calem.