This feature is designed to show different dropdown list by profiles. Here are the use cases:
- Case 1: In a multi-site deployment one site does not use work order "Detective" and "Calibration" categories while "Detective" and "Calibration" are used by other sites.
- Case 2: Certain dropdown values are not allowed for some users.
Here are the steps to implement custom dropdown sets.
- Define custom dropdown sets and excluded dropdown values
- Menu path: Admin module | Data design | Dropdown Set
- Assign dropdown sets to ACL profiles to exclude dropdown values:
- Menu path: Organization module | ACL Profiles | ACL Profile List
Here is a screenshot to define dropdown set with excluded work order categories: