This blog covers enhancements to part repair processes covered in a previous blog. This iteration of the enhancements makes the repair process easier to manage.
1. Create a Part Repair WO
There are two ways to create a part repair work order.
- Menu: Inventory | Transactions | Create Repair WO (Checkout). A part is checked out from stock, and a repair WO is created.
- The repair process includes a part checkout transaction and repair WO creation.
- Menu: Inventory | Transactions | Create Repair WO (Checked out). A part has been checked out previously. A repair WO is created for it.
- The process does not require one to return a part to inventory to have a repair WO created.
2. Return Parts Repaired
The return process includes both parts checked out, and parts repaired internally. A dropdown is introduced for one to pick what return process to use.
- Menu: Inventory | Transactions | Return to Storeroom
- For parts checked out, select "Checkout" dropdown, and enter a part number to return.
- For parts repaired, select "Repaired" dropdown, enter its repair work order number to return.
3. Part Repair WO
A new list form is available from release R2022a to show all work orders for part repair.
- Menu: Work Order | Open | Part Repair WO
- One can search the list by item number, Offsite Status, and other fields.
- The offsite status indicates the state of the part repair. One can search for a combination of the dropdown values:
- None - Internal repair
- Requisition - the part is for offsite repair and a REQ has been created for it.
- Sent - the part has been sent to a vendor for repair
- Received - the repair is done (internal or offsite) and returned to storeroom
- Retained - this is for offsite repair, the part is replaced and the original part is retained by vendor.
4. Rollback a Part Repair WO
In case a part repair WO is created by mistake, one can revert the process by canceling its repair WO.
- Edit a work order and change its status to "Canceled".
- The part stays checked out. One may return the part as a normal checkout, or create a repair WO from its checkout transaction later on.
- The cancellation may not be allowed as follows:
- The part is on a REQ. The REQ needs to be canceled in order to cancel the repair WO.
- The part is sent to a vendor.
- The part is received to a storeroom.
- The part is retained by a vendor.