How to Manage Asset Relationship in Calem
Asset relation represents the dependencies between assets. It can be used for impact analysis when changes and maintenance are performed. The following is a sample asset relationship diagram.
- The asset diagram starts at the asset of interest
- The related assets are shown to the right in a tree-like view.
- Click ">>" to drill down to an asset.
Here are the steps to manage asset relation in Calem:
- Define relation types. For instance: "Technicians use EAM servers" where "use" is the relation between "Technicians" and "EAM servers".
- Menu path: Asset module | Codes | Relation Type
- Manage asset relation from forms below:
- Menu path: Asset module | Open | Asset Relation
- Menu path: Asset module | Asset list | Asset Form | Assembly tab
- Click "+" to add relation. Follow the process flow to select relation type and assets to create relation.
- Click "Diagram" menu to view relation diagram.